Reed: Texans-Seahawks possible SB preview
Though it's early in the season, Houston Texans safety Ed Reed said Houston's game against Seattle this weekend could make a statement. "This is a potential Super Bowl matchup," Reed said.
"This is a potential Super Bowl matchup," Reed said.
The Texans (2-1) will host the Seahawks (3-0) in their first of four games against NFC West teams. The matchup sits in a challenging stretch for Houston, a week after its 30-9 loss to the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens and preceding a game against the defending NFC champion San Francisco 49ers.
"We had to make a lot of corrections this week, Monday, which we did to get better," Reed said. "You can't win them all. We know that now."
Sunday's game will feature the defenses ranked first and second in total defense and passing yards allowed. The Texans have given up 249 yards per game, while the Seahawks have allowed 241.7 yards per game.
Asked if facing the top-ranked defense is motivating, Reed said it was.
"Of course, of course, but [Houston's D is] not playing against their defense," Reed said. "We're playing against their offense and we've gotta execute our plan to give our team the best opportunity to win on offense and special teams."
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 30 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 23 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 53 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 4 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos