Titans: Locker MRI shows QB has hip sprain
The Tennessee Titans got a diagnosis on Jake Locker's right hip injury and said the starting quarterback avoided major damage and has a sprain that shouldn't keep him out too long.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans got a diagnosis on Jake Locker's right hip injury Tuesday and said the starting quarterback avoided major damage and has a sprain that shouldn't keep him out too long.
"We received reassuring reports from the second MRI today and they confirmed that there was no major damage to Jake Locker's hip joint -- it is classified as a sprained hip," the Titans said in a statement.
"The area will need time to heal and strengthen, but he won't require surgery and he has already begun a rehab routine for both his hip and knee. We certainly would expect him to miss a few weeks, but we are encouraged by the news today."
It had been feared that Locker would miss four to eight weeks or even more if his hip had been more seriously damaged, but a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder that the quarterback's time frame for being out is now four to six weeks.
The 3-1 Titans play the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. They are at Seattle on Oct. 13 and host San Francisco on Oct. 20. The Titans have a bye the following week. Perhaps Locker will return when they resume play on Nov. 3 at St. Louis.
Ryan Fitzpatrick will start while Locker is out. The Titans haven't yet made a decision on Fitzpatrick's backup. They could promote Rusty Smith from the practice squad. They were slated to work out David Carr on Tuesday.
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos