Titans: Locker MRI shows QB has hip sprain
The Tennessee Titans got a diagnosis on Jake Locker's right hip injury and said the starting quarterback avoided major damage and has a sprain that shouldn't keep him out too long.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans got a diagnosis on Jake Locker's right hip injury Tuesday and said the starting quarterback avoided major damage and has a sprain that shouldn't keep him out too long.
"We received reassuring reports from the second MRI today and they confirmed that there was no major damage to Jake Locker's hip joint -- it is classified as a sprained hip," the Titans said in a statement.
"The area will need time to heal and strengthen, but he won't require surgery and he has already begun a rehab routine for both his hip and knee. We certainly would expect him to miss a few weeks, but we are encouraged by the news today."
It had been feared that Locker would miss four to eight weeks or even more if his hip had been more seriously damaged, but a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder that the quarterback's time frame for being out is now four to six weeks.
The 3-1 Titans play the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. They are at Seattle on Oct. 13 and host San Francisco on Oct. 20. The Titans have a bye the following week. Perhaps Locker will return when they resume play on Nov. 3 at St. Louis.
Ryan Fitzpatrick will start while Locker is out. The Titans haven't yet made a decision on Fitzpatrick's backup. They could promote Rusty Smith from the practice squad. They were slated to work out David Carr on Tuesday.
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 54 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos