Baldwin: Luck can be all-time 'greatest' QB
Seattle Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin, who played college football at Stanford with Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, believes Luck can become the best quarterback ever.
"I'm on the record as saying Andrew Luck can be the greatest quarterback who ever played the game of football," Baldwin said Wednesday. "I've seen him do some unbelievable things that I still can't believe a quarterback was able to do. I have tremendous respect for that guy."
Luck also has the utmost respect for Baldwin. The Colts host the Seahawks on Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium.
"I always admired Doug's work ethic and his football smarts," Luck said Wednesday. "I remember Doug's last year at Stanford really developing a good rapport with him."
Baldwin said he was convinced of Luck's greatness watching him in his NFL rookie season last year.
"I don't like to compare guys," Baldwin said. "But when I look at Andrew's rookie season, he took control of a team that really didn't have much around him and he took them to the playoffs. They didn't have a defense and didn't have a running game, but they made it to the playoffs. He had a whole bunch of fourth-quarter comeback victories."
Baldwin was asked to list what makes Luck special.
"He's everything you would want in a quarterback, both as a pocket passer and a guy who can make plays with his legs," Baldwin said. "He's highly intelligent."
Baldwin also emphasized Luck's ability to improvise.
"There would be crucial moments of a game [at Stanford] where we needed to make a play," Baldwin said. "He would tell me to go to a specific spot on the field and just throw the ball there. I remember numerous times he would ask me what I saw, and we would just makes plays on the fly. We definitely had a great relationship."
Baldwin also was asked how Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson compares to Luck.
"They're both very good quarterbacks," Baldwin said. "They're both highly intelligent, both make plays with their feet and both have great arms. I don't want to take it any further than that."
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 19 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 21 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 31 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 22 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 24 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 11 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 30 min ago
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 32 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos