Pats TE Gronkowski won't play vs. Bengals
Rob Gronkowski did not travel with the New England Patriots to Cincinnati and will not play Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals, delaying the star tight end's season debut by at least another week.
Gronkowski is recovering from back and forearm injuries. He has not played yet this season.
Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola, who is listed as questionable, is traveling with the team.
Amendola has missed each of the past three games while nursing a groin injury suffered in Week 1. The receiver said he had a "good practice" on Friday and is "looking forward to Sunday."
Amendola's potential return comes at a time when the Patriots have three other receivers on the injury report -- rookies Aaron Dobson (neck) and Kenbrell Thompkins (shoulder) and special teams captain Matthew Slater (wrist). Dobson and Thompkins are both questionable for Sunday's game, while Slater is doubtful.
New England has been turning to more two-back sets, with fullback James Develin, over multiple tight-end packages this season.
New England also will be without running back Stevan Ridley, who is out with a knee injury, and special teams member Tavon Wilson. Wilson plays on the "Big 4" units -- kickoff coverage, kickoff return, punt coverage and punt return. He was downgraded to out Saturday.
The Patriots made a pair of roster moves Saturday to finalize their 53-man roster, promoting rookie safety Kanorris Davis and rookie linebacker Ja'Gared Davis from the practice squad.
Information from ESPNBoston.com's Field Yates was used in this report.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 40 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 1 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos