Giants place CB Ross on season-ending IR
The New York Giants on Saturday placed cornerback Aaron Ross on season-ending injured reserve as they made two roster additions to bolster their injury-riddled defense.
Ross missed practice this week with a back injury and had already been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles after starting the past two contests in place of the injured Corey Webster.
In corresponding roster moves, the Giants activated safety Will Hill from the suspended list and signed cornerback Charles James from their practice squad. New York also waived offensive lineman Dallas Reynolds, who was signed earlier in the week due to injuries on the Giants' offensive line.
Putting Ross, and not inured center David Baas, on IR and waiving Reynolds indicates that the Giants expect Baas to make a recovery from the neck injury that will force him to miss his second straight game Sunday. The Giants placed right guard Chris Snee on season-ending injured reserve Friday when they acquired linebacker Jon Beason in a trade with the Carolina Panthers.
Hill, who missed the first four games of the season on a drug suspension, returns to a depleted safety corps that has been without starter Stevie Brown since he tore his ACL in a preseason game. The Giants had only two safeties active for last week's game in Kansas City.
James was one of the Giants' final training camp cuts after a strong preseason as a punt returner. But with Webster doubtful, Ross done and Jayron Hosley out for Sunday's game, James could very well see playing time at cornerback.
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos