Source: Bills working out QBs White, Dixon
The Buffalo Bills are working out quarterbacks Pat White and Dennis Dixon on Sunday morning as they look for a replacement for EJ Manuel, sources told ESPN.
Whoever signs with Buffalo could wind up starting next weekend at home against the Cincinnati Bengals, coach Doug Marrone said Friday. Manuel, who sprained his LCL in Thursday's loss to the Cleveland Browns, is expected to be out for several weeks.
The Bills are also talking with Josh Freeman, sources told ESPN.
Freeman was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this week after being benched and deactivated for last Sunday's game. He started 59 games for the Buccaneers after they drafted him in the first round in 2009.
The Bills were impressed with what they saw from White, who played against Buffalo in the preseason. White, a second-round pick in 2009, was released by the Washington Redskins last month.
Undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel replaced Manuel against the Browns and is the only healthy quarterback on the Bills' roster.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 28 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos