Peterson skips practice for personal matter
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson missed practice because of a personal matter on Wednesday.
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson missed practice Wednesday because of a personal matter, and while coach Leslie Frazier would not address whether his absence was related to the death of his 2-year-old son last Friday in South Dakota, the coach said he expects Peterson at practice Thursday.
"He and I will talk later today, but I expect him to be back tomorrow, ready to go," Frazier said.
Peterson played on Sunday in the Vikings' 35-10 loss to the Carolina Panthers, two days after his son died from injuries sustained in an alleged aggravated assault from Joseph Patterson, who was dating the boy's mother.
Patterson is being held in a Lincoln County jail on $750,000 bail, and the Lincoln County Attorney's office has said it will review the case for additional charges in light of the boy's death.
"This is a very difficult situation, without question," Frazier said. "And it has many challenges, many challenges."
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 30 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos