Bucs RB Martin injures shoulder vs. Falcons
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Doug Martin suffered a shoulder injury during Sunday's 31-23 loss to the Atlanta Falcons and did not return to the contest.
Martin said after the game that X-rays "look fine" and the shoulder is not separated.
"We're still evaluating what it is," said Martin, who added that he's "not sure yet" if he would play in Thursday night's game against Carolina.
"Just have to hope for the best."
Martin will have the shoulder evaluated more thoroughly after the team returns to Tampa, Fla., Bucs coach Greg Schiano said.
Schiano said it was too early tell how serious the injury is.
Martin suffered the injury while attempting to catch a pass in the third quarter. Rookie Mike James replaced Martin and finished with 14 carries for 45 yards.
One of the NFL's top rookies last season, Martin was off to a slow start this year for the winless Buccaneers (0-6). The 24-year-old rushed for 47 yards Sunday on 11 carries.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 9 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 39 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos