Minus Bradford, Rams add QBs Quinn, Davis
The Rams confirmed Tuesday they will bring back quarterback Austin Davis and bring aboard veteran quarterback Brady Quinn.
EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams didn't waste much time bolstering their depth at quarterback, deciding to add two to the mix.
The team confirmed Tuesday afternoon it will bring back Austin Davis, who spent the 2012 season and the 2013 preseason with the team, and bring aboard veteran Brady Quinn. To make room on the active roster, the Rams will release offensive lineman Brandon Washington and place starting quarterback Sam Bradford on injured reserve.
Davis and Quinn will be expected to serve as backups to veteran Kellen Clemens, whom coach Jeff Fisher named the starter on Monday afternoon. The Rams' quarterback shuffle began when Bradford suffered a season-ending knee injury against Carolina on Sunday.
In Davis, the Rams get a young quarterback familiar with their system. The team signed him originally as an undrafted free agent out of Southern Mississippi in 2012. He was active for one game but did not play as a rookie. Clemens beat out Davis for the backup job during training camp and the preseason.
Quinn is in his seventh season and coming off a short stint with the New York Jets in which he didn't take a snap. The former first-round pick of the Cleveland Browns spent three years there before two with Denver and a one with Kansas City.
The Rams had Quinn in for a visit Tuesday and he later agreed to terms on a deal. St. Louis had actually considered signing him as a backup before he joined the Chiefs last season. In his career, Quinn has 3,043 passing yards, 12 touchdowns, 17 interceptions and a rating of 64.4 in 24 games.
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 3 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos