Cowboys place Waters on season-ending IR
The Dallas Cowboys just could not hold the roster spot, so they placed right guard Brian Waters on injured reserve on Saturday.
The Cowboys needed the spot for Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings for cornerback Micah Pellerin.
Waters sought several opinions on his triceps injury, which he hurt in last week's loss to the Detroit Lions. The Cowboys felt all along that he would need surgery, but the veteran wanted to see if he could find a way to play again in 2013.
Waters signed with the Cowboys on Sept. 4 and started the last five games. His one-year deal was for $1.5 million. He could have earned another $1.5 million in incentives, but will not meet the play-time requirements.
Mackenzy Bernadeau will replace Waters in the starting lineup.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 1 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 23 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos