Cowboys DE Ware set to return, Jones says
Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said Tuesday that star defensive end DeMarcus Ware, who has missed the last three games with a thigh injury, is ready to return.
Ware, who played in 134 consecutive games prior to suffering the injury, should be ready for Sunday night's game against the New Orleans Saints, Jones said.
During his Tuesday morning radio show on KRLD-FM, Jones gave a long-winded answer regarding Ware's playing status before finally saying, "I think he's ready."
Jones, in his answer, said the Cowboys didn't want to rush Ware back to the field because out of fear he would re-injure himself.
If that occurred, the Cowboys would be without their best defensive player. Ware has four sacks and 16 quarterback pressures this season.
"I'm going to call it, made an investment into the future and the latter part of the season to be conservative on how fast we put him out there," Jones said.
Austin said it's up to the trainers to decide when he returns. Claiborne said he's been running sprints but hasn't been cleared to practice.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 56 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos