Seahawks' Browner injures groin, likely out
Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said cornerback Brandon Browner probably will be out several games after suffering a groin injury Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons.
Carroll said the team was awaiting the results of an MRI but that things didn't look good.
"We don't know how extensive it is, but it will be quite a while," Carroll said Monday during his 710 ESPN Seattle radio show. "He had a significant pop and he could feel it. But [Walter] Thurmond stepped up and played really well. We have total confidence in him."
Thurmond started the first two games of the season when Browner was out with a hamstring injury. Thurmond is the team's fifth defensive back in nickel coverage. Byron Maxwell comes in at the outside corner spot when the Seahawks use the nickel package.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 5 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos