Bucs RB James carted off with broken ankle
Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie running back Mike James was carted off the field in the first quarter of Monday night's game with Miami.
The team announced the nature of James' injury, and that he will be out indefinitely, following a 22-19 win, the Bucs' first victory of the season.
Tampa Bay already lost running back Doug Martin (shoulder), who was put on injured reserve last week.
James' injury occurred on a 3-yard run up the middle with 9:54 left in the first quarter. On the next play, quarterback Mike Glennon threw a touchdown pass to offensive lineman Donald Penn on a tackle-eligible play.
James, 22, posted career highs with 158 yards on 28 carries in the Buccaneers' 27-24 overtime loss to Seattle in Week 9 and left Monday night's game with 41 yards on five carries.
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos