Bucs RB James carted off with broken ankle
Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie running back Mike James was carted off the field in the first quarter of Monday night's game with Miami.
The team announced the nature of James' injury, and that he will be out indefinitely, following a 22-19 win, the Bucs' first victory of the season.
Tampa Bay already lost running back Doug Martin (shoulder), who was put on injured reserve last week.
James' injury occurred on a 3-yard run up the middle with 9:54 left in the first quarter. On the next play, quarterback Mike Glennon threw a touchdown pass to offensive lineman Donald Penn on a tackle-eligible play.
James, 22, posted career highs with 158 yards on 28 carries in the Buccaneers' 27-24 overtime loss to Seattle in Week 9 and left Monday night's game with 41 yards on five carries.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 33 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos