Bucs RB James carted off with broken ankle
Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie running back Mike James was carted off the field in the first quarter of Monday night's game with Miami.
The team announced the nature of James' injury, and that he will be out indefinitely, following a 22-19 win, the Bucs' first victory of the season.
Tampa Bay already lost running back Doug Martin (shoulder), who was put on injured reserve last week.
James' injury occurred on a 3-yard run up the middle with 9:54 left in the first quarter. On the next play, quarterback Mike Glennon threw a touchdown pass to offensive lineman Donald Penn on a tackle-eligible play.
James, 22, posted career highs with 158 yards on 28 carries in the Buccaneers' 27-24 overtime loss to Seattle in Week 9 and left Monday night's game with 41 yards on five carries.
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos