Manning back on practice field for Broncos
Peyton Manning is back on the practice field for the Denver Broncos as they prepare for an AFC West showdown against Kansas City.
Manning was held out of Wednesday's practice because of a sore right ankle. Both he and interim coach Jack Del Rio said this week the quarterback will get days off from time to time.
Manning has said he expects to start Sunday night and Del Rio said he had "no doubt" the quarterback would play.
Late in last Sunday's win over the San Diego Chargers, Manning aggravated a right ankle injury when hit low by defensive end Corey Liuget. He was taken for an MRI on Monday morning that showed no new damage to a high ankle sprain originally suffered Oct. 13 against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Manning had his right ankle twisted awkwardly by Chargers linebacker Larry English earlier in Sunday's game.
He suffered two sprained ankles in the Broncos' 35-19 victory over Jacksonville, with the high sprain to his right ankle the more severe of the two. It affects Manning's throwing motion because, as a right-hander, his right leg is his plant leg.
Manning has consistently said he's needed to use more of his core and lower body strength to throw following his four neck surgeries than he did before the procedures.
Manning took another low hit, from Robert Mathis, during the Broncos' loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Oct. 20. He sat out one day of practice but played in an Oct. 27 win against the Washington Redskins. He did not participate in the team's two practices during the bye week but practiced fully last week before playing Sunday against the Chargers.
Backup Brock Ossweiler took the snaps with the starters Wednesday.
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 46 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos