Pats' Talib appears to be nearing return
For the first time since suffering a hip injury in Week 6, New England Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib spoke with the media on Thursday, which could be a sign that the standout defensive back is closing in on a return as soon as this Monday night.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- For the first time since suffering a hip injury in Week 6, New England Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib spoke with the media Thursday, which could be a sign that the defensive back is closing in on a return -- perhaps as soon as Monday night.
He officially deemed himself "day to day" but again was on the practice field, for the team's full-pads workout Thursday morning.
The 27-year-old conceded that being away from game action has been difficult.
"Definitely, man, anytime you have to watch the guys go to war without you, man, that's the worst thing in the world," he said.
He's had plenty of time to recover, however, as the Patriots are coming off their bye week, which Talib noted arrived "at the perfect time."
Smith's competitive nature has set him apart during his 13-year career, Talib said.
"He brings it every Sunday or Monday or whenever the game is," he said. "Steve's gonna bring it. If you're competitive like that, you're gonna be successful."
Should Talib play and be aligned against Smith, one can expect the two will have plenty to say to each other, as Talib added that Smith is the type of receiver who isn't afraid to talk on the field.
Talib has been known to engage in conversation on the field himself, as he mentioned light-heartedly.
"Yeah, I say a couple words."
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 19 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila. 48 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep 7 min ago
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos