Cowboys' Bryant buys PS4s for customers
Christmas came early for several shoppers at a Dallas Wal-Mart, with Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant playing the role of Santa Claus.
Bryant showed up to purchase a Sony PlayStation 4 on the night of the new video game system's launch, and decided on a whim to buy one for several other shoppers who were waiting in line.
The PlayStation 4 retails for about $400.
At local video game stores across North Texas, gamers waited outside for the new PS4 to be released.
A few of the shoppers tweeted about Bryant's generosity, including one man who posted a picture of himself posing with Bryant at the store.
Damn, @DezBryant just bought whoever was in line at a Walmart in Dallas a PS4.— Marquis Rodgers (@MRodgers2405) November 15, 2013
Bryant likes to boast that he's the world's best "Madden" video game player on PlayStation. He's challenged fans and teammates online to games. He has a few new friends to play against now.
"Holy crap, @Dez Bryant is cool ... just bought a bunch of people PS4s, wish I was there lol," tweeted Ben Freeman.
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 58 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 33 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 15 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos