Roundup: Moore, Wheeler fined $20K-plus
Atlanta safety William Moore and Miami linebacker Philip Wheeler have been fined more than $20,000 apiece by the NFL for illegal hits during games last weekend.
Moore has been docked $22,050 for hitting Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate in the head and neck area, a blow that drew a penalty in the Falcons' loss. It was the fourth time this season that Moore had been fined.
Wheeler was fined $21,000 on Friday for his hit in the head and neck area of Tampa Bay quarterback Mike Glennon.
In other fines from Week 10:
• Also docked $7,875 by the league were: Chicago's Charles Tillman (facemask), Green Bay's Mike Neal (facemask), Tampa Bay's Eric Page (late hit) and New Orleans' Kevin Reddick (late hit), St. Louis cornerback Trumaine Johnson (throat-slashing gesture).Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 3 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 46 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos