Roundup: Moore, Wheeler fined $20K-plus
Atlanta safety William Moore and Miami linebacker Philip Wheeler have been fined more than $20,000 apiece by the NFL for illegal hits during games last weekend.
Moore has been docked $22,050 for hitting Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate in the head and neck area, a blow that drew a penalty in the Falcons' loss. It was the fourth time this season that Moore had been fined.
Wheeler was fined $21,000 on Friday for his hit in the head and neck area of Tampa Bay quarterback Mike Glennon.
In other fines from Week 10:
• Also docked $7,875 by the league were: Chicago's Charles Tillman (facemask), Green Bay's Mike Neal (facemask), Tampa Bay's Eric Page (late hit) and New Orleans' Kevin Reddick (late hit), St. Louis cornerback Trumaine Johnson (throat-slashing gesture).Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 17 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos