Raiders QB Pryor (knee) ruled out vs. Texans
Oakland Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor will miss Sunday's game because of a lingering right knee sprain, meaning undrafted rookie Matt McGloin will start against the Houston Texans.
The Raiders ruled Pryor out Saturday before boarding their charter flight to Texas.
Pryor was initially injured late in the Raiders' loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Nov. 3 but played last week against the New York Giants. He was obviously limited and said after that defeat that he had a sprained MCL.
After missing Wednesday's practice, Pryor was limited Thursday and Friday, though McGloin took most of the first-team reps.
Raiders coach Dennis Allen said Friday he would see how Pryor looked and felt on Saturday before making a decision on the quarterback.
McGloin, who played at Penn State, was initially seen as a "camp arm," according to Allen. But after playing in mop-up duty against the Eagles and completing seven of 15 passes for 87 yards, McGloin is a starting NFL quarterback.
To add depth at the quarterback position, the Raiders signed rookie Tyler Wilson from the practice squad to serve as a backup to McGloin.
Wilson was the Oakland's fourth-round draft choice this past offseason but was cut at the end of training camp. When no other team picked him up, Wilson was signed back to Oakland's practice squad.
Pryor leads all NFL quarterbacks with 504 yards rushing. But he wore a thick brace over his knee during last week's loss to the Giants when he was held to a season-low 19 yards on the ground and sacked four times.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 28 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos