Johnson downplays sideline spat with Schaub
Andre Johnson left the field after being pushed away from quarterback Matt Schaub during a sideline spat Sunday, walking into the Houston Texans' locker room to cool off.
Following Houston's 28-23 loss to the Oakland Raiders, the teammates talked about their argument, which stemmed from Schaub's incompletion in the end zone to Johnson on the final play of the game.
"You can see the frustration on his face, frustration on my face," Johnson said. "I'm not worried about that. I think you all are making a big deal about it.
"We talked about it -- it's over with. I mean, me and Matt are fine. I have no problems with Matt. We played a lot of football together. Me and Matt have a good relationship."
Johnson and Schaub have played a lot of football together, but not recently. The Texans started Case Keenum in their past four games, all losses, benching Schaub after he suffered a foot and ankle injury against the St. Louis Rams.
Schaub would not reveal what he and Johnson were arguing about on the sideline.
"It's just emotions, emotions of the game, a culmination of a lot of things, but stuff we will keep between us," Schaub said. "He is a great guy and a great competitor, as am I. Just the heat of the moment, but that is behind us."
Schaub entered Sunday's game late in the third quarter, replacing a healthy Keenum.
"We had to make a lot of changes from a protection standpoint to handle some of the things they were doing," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "Trying to create some tempo and do that and it made it very tough on Case, in my opinion, being a young player.
"I knew that Matt could get done some of the things that I wanted to get done, real fast, and to give us a chance to win the football game. So that's why I did it."
Schaub finished 12 of 25 for 155 yards, no interceptions and no touchdowns. Keenum completed 13 of 24 passes for 170 yards, one touchdown and one interception.
The Texans are 2-8, having lost a single-season franchise-record eight games in a row. Last week, Johnson called it his most frustrating season.
Johnson, a first-round pick in 2003, was asked if he was happy playing for the Texans moving forward.
"I'm under contract, so, I have to play my contract out," Johnson said. "I can't do anything about that."
Johnson also was asked if he would be willing to go through lean years again.
"I've always said this this is where I wanted to be, so I don't really have anything to say about that," he said. "I still have an ongoing contract."
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 46 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 19 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 44 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 45 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 2 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 1 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
42 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
41 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
46 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos