Patriots activate Vereen from short-term IR
The New England Patriots activated running back Shane Vereen from short-term injured reserve prior to Monday night's game against the Carolina Panthers.
The Patriots plan to ease Vereen, who has been sidelined since Week 1, back into their offensive game plan Monday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter
Vereen was placed on injured reserve with a designation to return after suffering a broken wrist in New England's season-opening victory against the Buffalo Bills.
Vereen, who rushed for a career-high 101 yards in the opener, returned to practice in late October.
A third-year veteran, the 24-year-old Vereen has been a versatile player out of New England's backfield and is one of the Patriots' top pass-catching running backs.
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 17 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 32 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 17 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 12 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos