Patriots activate Vereen from short-term IR
The New England Patriots activated running back Shane Vereen from short-term injured reserve prior to Monday night's game against the Carolina Panthers.
The Patriots plan to ease Vereen, who has been sidelined since Week 1, back into their offensive game plan Monday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter
Vereen was placed on injured reserve with a designation to return after suffering a broken wrist in New England's season-opening victory against the Buffalo Bills.
Vereen, who rushed for a career-high 101 yards in the opener, returned to practice in late October.
A third-year veteran, the 24-year-old Vereen has been a versatile player out of New England's backfield and is one of the Patriots' top pass-catching running backs.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 21 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 56 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 47 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos