McIlroy plans to defend Hong Kong Open title
Top-ranked Rory McIlroy will defend his Hong Kong Open title next month.BELEK, Turkey -- Top-ranked Rory McIlroy will defend his Hong Kong Open title next month.
McIlroy, who had not been certain of playing in the Nov. 15-18 event, said Wednesday he would return.
He said "there had been a little doubt over Hong Kong. But now that it's all sorted out with the sponsor and so on, I am going to defend my title."
McIlroy, who wants to finish No. 1 on the European Tour, is also set to play the BMW Masters in Shanghai from Oct. 25-28 and the Singapore Open from Nov. 8-11 before the season-ending Dubai World Championship.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos