Schwartzel's third 65 seals 11-shot Thailand win
Charl Schwartzel shot a 7-under 65 for the third time at the Thailand Golf Championship, wrapping up a dominating victory by 11 shots.
CHON BURI, Thailand -- Charl Schwartzel shot a 7-under 65 for the third time at the Thailand Golf Championship, wrapping up a dominating victory by 11 shots.
Schwartzel led from the first round and never slowed down, finishing with a 25-under total of 263 at the Amata Spring Country Club for the South African's first victory since last year's Masters. This year's Masters winner Bubba Watson also shot a 65 to finish in a tie for distant second with Thai golfer Thitiphun Chuayprakong, who finished with a 70.
Sergio Garcia of Spain shot a 70 and was fourth in the Asian Tour event, 12 shots back.
Schwartzel finished second here last year, when Lee Westwood won it by seven.
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 26 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 19 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos