Tour's 2013-14 schedule will not include Disney
The PGA Tour's event in Mexico will anchor a six-tournament schedule next fall that for the first time since 1971 will not include Disney.PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- The PGA Tour's event in Mexico will anchor a six-tournament schedule next fall that for the first time since 1971 will not include Disney.
The tour next year goes to a wraparound season, offering FedEx Cup points for the six events that will kick off the 2013-14 season. That season will start with the Frys.com Open at CordeValle Golf Club in northern California on Oct. 10-13 and conclude with the OHL Classic at Mayakoba in Mexico on Nov. 14-17.
Following the Frys event will be the Shriners Hospital for Children Open in Las Vegas (Oct. 17-20), the CIMB Classic in Malaysia (Oct. 24-27), the WGC-HSCB Champions in China (Oct. 31-Nov. 3), the McGladrey Classic in Sea Island, Ga. (Nov. 7-10) and then the Mexico event.
After about a two-month break, the 2013-14 schedule will resume at Kapalua with the Tournament of Champions.
Disney has been part of the PGA Tour landscape since Jack Nicklaus won the inaugural event in 1971. It lost its title sponsor this year and did not renew.
Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.com senior golf writer Bob Harig was used in this report.
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 52 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos