Tour's 2013-14 schedule will not include Disney
The PGA Tour's event in Mexico will anchor a six-tournament schedule next fall that for the first time since 1971 will not include Disney.PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- The PGA Tour's event in Mexico will anchor a six-tournament schedule next fall that for the first time since 1971 will not include Disney.
The tour next year goes to a wraparound season, offering FedEx Cup points for the six events that will kick off the 2013-14 season. That season will start with the Frys.com Open at CordeValle Golf Club in northern California on Oct. 10-13 and conclude with the OHL Classic at Mayakoba in Mexico on Nov. 14-17.
Following the Frys event will be the Shriners Hospital for Children Open in Las Vegas (Oct. 17-20), the CIMB Classic in Malaysia (Oct. 24-27), the WGC-HSCB Champions in China (Oct. 31-Nov. 3), the McGladrey Classic in Sea Island, Ga. (Nov. 7-10) and then the Mexico event.
After about a two-month break, the 2013-14 schedule will resume at Kapalua with the Tournament of Champions.
Disney has been part of the PGA Tour landscape since Jack Nicklaus won the inaugural event in 1971. It lost its title sponsor this year and did not renew.
Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.com senior golf writer Bob Harig was used in this report.
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 25 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
16 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos