Tour's 2013-14 schedule will not include Disney
The PGA Tour's event in Mexico will anchor a six-tournament schedule next fall that for the first time since 1971 will not include Disney.PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- The PGA Tour's event in Mexico will anchor a six-tournament schedule next fall that for the first time since 1971 will not include Disney.
The tour next year goes to a wraparound season, offering FedEx Cup points for the six events that will kick off the 2013-14 season. That season will start with the Frys.com Open at CordeValle Golf Club in northern California on Oct. 10-13 and conclude with the OHL Classic at Mayakoba in Mexico on Nov. 14-17.
Following the Frys event will be the Shriners Hospital for Children Open in Las Vegas (Oct. 17-20), the CIMB Classic in Malaysia (Oct. 24-27), the WGC-HSCB Champions in China (Oct. 31-Nov. 3), the McGladrey Classic in Sea Island, Ga. (Nov. 7-10) and then the Mexico event.
After about a two-month break, the 2013-14 schedule will resume at Kapalua with the Tournament of Champions.
Disney has been part of the PGA Tour landscape since Jack Nicklaus won the inaugural event in 1971. It lost its title sponsor this year and did not renew.
Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.com senior golf writer Bob Harig was used in this report.
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 26 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson 3 min ago
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms 8 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
26 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos