British Open: Harding, De La Silva, Lloyd qualify
Justin Harding of South Africa had an 8-under 64 on Wednesday to lead three players in a 36-hole qualifier who earned spots in the British Open for the first time.JOHANNESBURG -- Justin Harding of South Africa had an 8-under 64 on Wednesday to lead three players in a 36-hole qualifier who earned spots in the British Open for the first time.
Harding finished the International Final Qualifying in Africa at 14-under 130.
Eduardo De La Silva of Spain had a 66 and Darryn Lloyd of South Africa had a 69 on the East Course at Royal Johannesburg & Kensington to earn the other two spots.
Golf's oldest championship has 36-hole qualifying on five continents. The final two to be held will be later this year in Europe and the United States.
The British Open will be played July 18-21 at Muirfield.
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 28 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 22 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos