Guan accepts invite to play at Byron Nelson
Guan Tianlang, the 14-year-old Chinese national who turned heads by making the cut and finishing as the low amateur at the Masters, accepted a sponsor's exemption to play in the 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship.
IRVING, Texas -- Guan Tianlang, the 14-year-old Chinese national who turned heads by making the cut and finishing as the low amateur at the Masters a few weeks ago, accepted a sponsor exemption to play in the 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship. The tournament is May 16-19 at TPC Four Seasons Resort Las Colinas in Irving.
Guan is the reigning Asia-Pacific Amateur Champion, which earned him his invitation to the Masters.
"What Guan has been able to accomplish at such a young age is very impressive," 2013 tournament chairman Mike McKinley said in a release. "We have always had a tradition of identifying young talent and giving them an opportunity to compete at the Nelson, and we look forward to continuing that with Guan."
Guan joins Dallas native Jordan Spieth, another teenager, as the Nelson's two sponsor exemptions for this year's event.
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 18 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water 31 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 16 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 29 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 55 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
18 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated...
31 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos