Jutanugarn, 17, ahead at LPGA Tour's Kingsmill
Thai teen Ariya Jutanugarn shot a 7-under 64 on Thursday to take a two-stroke lead after the first round of the LPGA Tour's Kingsmill Championship.WILLIAMSBURG, Va. -- Thai teen Ariya Jutanugarn shot a 7-under 64 on Thursday to take a two-stroke lead after the first round of the LPGA Tour's Kingsmill Championship.
The 17-year-old Jutanugarn was 8 under through 16 holes, but pulled her drive and had a double-bogey on the par-3 17th before rebounding with her ninth birdie of the day on the par-4 finishing hole.
Cristie Kerr, the only-two time winner in the tour's eight previous visits to the River Course, had six birdies and one bogey in a 66 that put her alone in second place.
So Yeon Ryu and Dewi Claire Schreefel shot 67, and a huge logjam at 68 included Inbee Park and Stacy Lewis, the top-ranked players on the tour, and former winner Suzann Pettersen.
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 18 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos