Scheffler tops Riley to win U.S. Junior Amateur
Scottie Scheffler won the U.S. Junior Amateur on Saturday, beating Davis Riley 3 and 2 in the 36-hole final at Martis Camp Club.TRUCKEE, Calif. -- Scottie Scheffler won the U.S. Junior Amateur on Saturday, beating Davis Riley 3 and 2 in the 36-hole final at Martis Camp Club.
The 17-year-old Scheffler, from Dallas, won the last four holes.
"I played pretty well down the stretch," Scheffler said. "In the morning round, I gave away a lot of shots and I struggled with the putting a little bit early, then I started to figure it out."
Scheffler, making his fourth and final appearance in the event, won the Texas Class AAAA state championship for the second year in a row this season and led Highland Park High School to the team title.
The 16-year-old Riley is from Hattiesburg, Miss.
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 42 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 57 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos