Scheffler tops Riley to win U.S. Junior Amateur
Scottie Scheffler won the U.S. Junior Amateur on Saturday, beating Davis Riley 3 and 2 in the 36-hole final at Martis Camp Club.TRUCKEE, Calif. -- Scottie Scheffler won the U.S. Junior Amateur on Saturday, beating Davis Riley 3 and 2 in the 36-hole final at Martis Camp Club.
The 17-year-old Scheffler, from Dallas, won the last four holes.
"I played pretty well down the stretch," Scheffler said. "In the morning round, I gave away a lot of shots and I struggled with the putting a little bit early, then I started to figure it out."
Scheffler, making his fourth and final appearance in the event, won the Texas Class AAAA state championship for the second year in a row this season and led Highland Park High School to the team title.
The 16-year-old Riley is from Hattiesburg, Miss.
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 37 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 58 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 56 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos