Van Riemsdyk is ready for action
July 1, 2009 (WPVI) -- The Flyers may already have someone in their system whose goal is to score goals.
Free agency may not be the answer for the Flyers, as they try to beef up their offense.
The long term answer could be the Flyers' second overall draft pick 2 years ago, James Van Riemsdyk.
"It's something I've been dreaming about ever since I was a little kid and to be that much closer to my first training camp, this summer's really critical for me and I've been really taking it seriously and working as hard as I can to make sure I'm ready for camp," Van Riemsdyk said.
While it's way too early to tell if hell make his roster, he's leaving nothing to chance. In fact, today he was working his tail off with area prospects.
"They basically told me, if I'm ready I'll be there and if I need some time, then I need some time, but I'm going to do everything in my power to be ready when training camp starts," Van Riemsdyk said.
The 20-year-old is working out 5 days a week, doing everything from playing to practicing on synthetic ice to skating on a treadmill which works his stride and form.
"Claude Giroux, at the end of last year, said just told me to make sure you work as hard as you can this summer and come in ready because everything's worth it," Van Riemsdyk said
Despite just 11 games at the American Hockey League level, Van Riemsdyk feels he's already made the big jump from college to the minors; the next jump is as simple as working for it.
hockey, jeff skversky
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 2 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
2 min ago