Flyers take Game 1 vs. Devils behind Boucher
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - April 14, 2010 -- Brian Boucher had 23 saves in his first playoff start in eight years and the Philadelphia Flyers beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 in Game 1 of their first-round Eastern Conference series Wednesday night.
Big Chris Pronger and Mike Richards scored second-period goals as the Flyers rode the momentum of claiming the NHL's last playoff berth on the final day of the regular season to yet another win over New Jersey.While the Flyers are the No. 7 seed in the conference, they won five of six games against the Devils in the regular season and second-seeded New Jersey had few answers in the postseason against a rock-solid Boucher.
With the win, the Flyers grabbed home-ice advantage, heading into Friday night's game in the best-of-7 series, which also will be played at the Prudential Center.
philadelphia flyers, new jersey devils, hockey
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 27 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
29 min ago