Wachovia Center preps for Game 3
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - June 2, 2010 (WPVI) -- As Wednesday night approached, the Philadelphia Flyers were preparing to meet the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final.
They, however, were not the only ones in preparation mode. The employees of the Wachovia Center were truly getting Flyered Up!
"While the doors open at 6:00, work really begins early here. There are about 900 employees working to get this building together," Ike Richman, the Vice President of Public Relations for the Flyers, said.
Orange and black was everywhere as preparations for Game 3 of the Stanley cup Final included getting the balloons ready and the merchandise stocked up.
Equipment Manager Derek Settlemyre sewed exclusive Stanley Cup patches on the players' jerseys.
"For Action News to go behind the scenes and go in the locker room is special and I think the fans enjoy that because they love this team so much," Richman said.
And for those Flyers fans who are as hungry for food as they are for the Cup, enough grub was made of the night's game to feed 11,000 people.
"On a typical Flyers game we'll feed about 8,000 meals so we've grown almost 3,000 for this event," Executive Chef Richard Fried said.
So along with the balloons, the merchandise, the patches, and the food, there is just one more thing Flyers fans need - a win.
philadelphia flyers, wachovia center, hockey
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 43 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 33 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 4 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos