Canadian Flyers fans rewarded for their fandom
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - June 3, 2010 (WPVI) -- Two Canadian Flyers fans were Flyered up in enemy territory.
Jeff and Ken Moyse of Newfoundland had no idea their bravery would soon be rewarded when they wore their Flyers jerseys during games against the Montreal Canadiens.
"As we made our way to our seats in the Bell Center in Montreal, just before we sat down, we heard this voice behind us saying 'guys, it's great to see you here, let's cheer our boys on' and we turn around [and] we knew who it was, it was Ed Snider," Jeff said.
Yes, it was Ed Snider, the Chairman of Comcast Spectacor and owner of the Philadelphia Flyers.
The chance meeting landed these two brothers from Newfoundland with tickets to tomorrow's game and an opportunity to see Philadelphia for the first time.
"Of course, the Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, we've got to experience that," Jeff said.
"It's been unbelievable. The team has been fantastic to us. Two guys from the Great White North coming up here to see this; it's just been incredible," Ken said.
If you're looking to see the game along with Jeff and Ken, and weren't able to get tickets to the sold-out game, there's still hope:
"There's about 300 tickets still available, it's constantly fluctuating, prices start at about the $700 range and go all the way up to several thousand dollars," Joellen Ferrer of Stub Hub said.
Ferrer says demand spiked after the Flyers victory last night, but says keep an eye on your computer screens.
"Prices have increased quite a bit due to the high demand, but given there are still quite a bit of tickets, we should see prices come down quite a bit, as well," Ferrer said.
philadelphia flyers, hockey, shirleen allicot
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 50 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
4 min ago