#Hartnelldown: Flyer falls with a purpose
PHILADELPHIA - February 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Not sure if you've noticed, but Scott Hartnell falls down.
In fact, he's landed flat on the ice 200 times already this season.
We know this because there's a website that actually keeps count.
It's called Hartnell Down and it's a movement that taken off.
It was started by a fan and Hartnell quickly adopted the phrase. He had t-shirts and hats made and sells them on the Hartnell Down website with the proceeds going to charity.
"There's one order from Hong Kong, one from Australia, a few from Great Britain, all over the place," Hartnell said.
Hartnell estimates the sales have brought in around $30,000 so far for his Hartnell Down Foundation.
During the All Star Game last week, Scottie tweeted that each time he fell down, he'd donate $1,000 to charity.
His teammate Claude Giroux tried to help out the effort.
"Well, I thought he didn't have a lot of balance, but at the All Star Game, I tried to trip him a couple times, but he didn't fall," Giroux said.
The money Hartnell raises from this effort will go to his charity golf tournament as well as to send kids to a hockey camp in Minnesota.
Hartnell says it makes him feel so good to get to give back.
"People have been so great to support this foundation and I'm just ready to keep rolling with this and see how much money we can actually raise," Hartnell said.
A stand up guy - thanks to his trouble standing up.
To learn more information and to buy some #hartnelldown gear, visit http://hartnelldown.com.
philadelphia flyers, hockey, jamie apody
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 59 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle 17 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
59 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
17 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
50 min ago