#Hartnelldown: Flyer falls with a purpose
PHILADELPHIA - February 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Not sure if you've noticed, but Scott Hartnell falls down.
In fact, he's landed flat on the ice 200 times already this season.
We know this because there's a website that actually keeps count.
It's called Hartnell Down and it's a movement that taken off.
It was started by a fan and Hartnell quickly adopted the phrase. He had t-shirts and hats made and sells them on the Hartnell Down website with the proceeds going to charity.
"There's one order from Hong Kong, one from Australia, a few from Great Britain, all over the place," Hartnell said.
Hartnell estimates the sales have brought in around $30,000 so far for his Hartnell Down Foundation.
During the All Star Game last week, Scottie tweeted that each time he fell down, he'd donate $1,000 to charity.
His teammate Claude Giroux tried to help out the effort.
"Well, I thought he didn't have a lot of balance, but at the All Star Game, I tried to trip him a couple times, but he didn't fall," Giroux said.
The money Hartnell raises from this effort will go to his charity golf tournament as well as to send kids to a hockey camp in Minnesota.
Hartnell says it makes him feel so good to get to give back.
"People have been so great to support this foundation and I'm just ready to keep rolling with this and see how much money we can actually raise," Hartnell said.
A stand up guy - thanks to his trouble standing up.
To learn more information and to buy some #hartnelldown gear, visit http://hartnelldown.com.
philadelphia flyers, hockey, jamie apody
- 40 homes threatened in NJ forest fire 3 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 10 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos