#Hartnelldown: Flyer falls with a purpose
PHILADELPHIA - February 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Not sure if you've noticed, but Scott Hartnell falls down.
In fact, he's landed flat on the ice 200 times already this season.
We know this because there's a website that actually keeps count.
It's called Hartnell Down and it's a movement that taken off.
It was started by a fan and Hartnell quickly adopted the phrase. He had t-shirts and hats made and sells them on the Hartnell Down website with the proceeds going to charity.
"There's one order from Hong Kong, one from Australia, a few from Great Britain, all over the place," Hartnell said.
Hartnell estimates the sales have brought in around $30,000 so far for his Hartnell Down Foundation.
During the All Star Game last week, Scottie tweeted that each time he fell down, he'd donate $1,000 to charity.
His teammate Claude Giroux tried to help out the effort.
"Well, I thought he didn't have a lot of balance, but at the All Star Game, I tried to trip him a couple times, but he didn't fall," Giroux said.
The money Hartnell raises from this effort will go to his charity golf tournament as well as to send kids to a hockey camp in Minnesota.
Hartnell says it makes him feel so good to get to give back.
"People have been so great to support this foundation and I'm just ready to keep rolling with this and see how much money we can actually raise," Hartnell said.
A stand up guy - thanks to his trouble standing up.
To learn more information and to buy some #hartnelldown gear, visit http://hartnelldown.com.
philadelphia flyers, hockey, jamie apody
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 19 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 32 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
19 min ago