Flyers' Nicklas Grossman out with concussion
PITTSBURGH (AP) - April 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Nicklas Grossman will miss Friday night's Game 5 against Pittsburgh with a concussion.
Grossman sustained the injury in the second period of a 10-3 loss in Game 4 on Wednesday and could be out indefinitely.
Grossman did not travel with the team to Pittsburgh. Erik Gustafsson will take Grossman's spot in the lineup.
The Flyers are already without Marc-Andre Bourdon, who went down with an upper body injury in Game 1.
The Penguins will be without defenseman Paul Martin, who will miss his second straight game with an undisclosed injury. Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma says Martin's ice time will be split between Simon Despres and Brian Strait.
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 55 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 34 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 21 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 50 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
55 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos