Flyers' Nicklas Grossman out with concussion
PITTSBURGH (AP) - April 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Nicklas Grossman will miss Friday night's Game 5 against Pittsburgh with a concussion.
Grossman sustained the injury in the second period of a 10-3 loss in Game 4 on Wednesday and could be out indefinitely.
Grossman did not travel with the team to Pittsburgh. Erik Gustafsson will take Grossman's spot in the lineup.
The Flyers are already without Marc-Andre Bourdon, who went down with an upper body injury in Game 1.
The Penguins will be without defenseman Paul Martin, who will miss his second straight game with an undisclosed injury. Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma says Martin's ice time will be split between Simon Despres and Brian Strait.
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 58 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ