JVR back to playoff form for Flyers
VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) - April 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- James van Riemsdyk was face down in front of the crease getting hacked, whacked, pushed and shoved by Martin Brodeur.
The goalie tried everything to stop JVR, and it still wasn't enough.
Playing just his third game since returning from a broken foot, van Riemsdyk had a goal and was robbed of two more in the Philadelphia Flyers' 4-3 overtime win over the New Jersey Devils in Game 1 of their second-round playoff series Sunday.
The former second overall pick in the NHL draft was all over the ice, tormenting the Devils. Van Riemsdyk had two breakaway opportunities after New Jersey tied it at 3 in the third period, but Brodeur made huge saves.
So van Riemsdyk found another way to be a difference-maker. He used his big body to screen Brodeur on Danny Briere's winning goal in overtime.
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 49 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 32 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 59 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 11 min ago
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 44 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
49 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
59 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
11 min ago