JVR back to playoff form for Flyers
VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) - April 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- James van Riemsdyk was face down in front of the crease getting hacked, whacked, pushed and shoved by Martin Brodeur.
The goalie tried everything to stop JVR, and it still wasn't enough.
Playing just his third game since returning from a broken foot, van Riemsdyk had a goal and was robbed of two more in the Philadelphia Flyers' 4-3 overtime win over the New Jersey Devils in Game 1 of their second-round playoff series Sunday.
The former second overall pick in the NHL draft was all over the ice, tormenting the Devils. Van Riemsdyk had two breakaway opportunities after New Jersey tied it at 3 in the third period, but Brodeur made huge saves.
So van Riemsdyk found another way to be a difference-maker. He used his big body to screen Brodeur on Danny Briere's winning goal in overtime.
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 4 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 49 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 6 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
49 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
6 min ago