Flyers take C Laughton in NHL draft
PHILADELPHIA - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Flyers have drafted center Scott Laughton with the 20th pick in the first round.
The Flyers took the 6-foot, 177-pound center from Oshawa of the OHL on Friday night in Pittsburgh. Laughton ranked fifth on Oshawa with 53 points (21-32--53), and third on the team with 101 penalty minutes during the 2011-12 season.
The team also picked up two more picks in this year's draft and a fourth-round selection next year when they traded goalie Sergei Bobrovsky to the Columbus Blue Jackets before the start of Friday's draft.
Laughton represented Canada at the 2011 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament and scored the game-winning goal in the gold-medal game. He also won gold with Team Ontario at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- Montgomery Co. DA: Drug ring targeted students 1 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All clear given at Del. National Guard base 7 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 36 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 34 min ago
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 9 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 19 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Montgomery Co. DA: Drug ring targeted...
1 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
36 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
34 min ago
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
19 min ago