Flyers sign F Fedotenko, D Gervais
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - July 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Flyers on Thursday signed a pair of free agents, forward Ruslan Fedotenko and defenseman Bruno Gervais.
Fedotenko, a veteran who will enter his 12th season in the NHL, won the Stanley Cup with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004 and the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2009. This is his second stint with Flyers, having played in Philadelphia from 2000-02. Last season, he helped the New York Rangers advance to the Eastern Conference finals.
"Ruslan is a good two-way forward that can play either wing," said Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren, who added that he's tried to land Fedotenko a couple times in the last few years. "(He) will bring experience and depth to our forward group."
Gervais had six goals and 13 points in 50 games for Tampa Bay last season, and spent his first six seasons with the New York Islanders.
"The main thing for me is, I want to win," Gervais said. "(Philadelphia is) such a great sports town. I love the town, and I love where the organization is headed. I just want to help any way I can."
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- New push to revitalize West Philly's Lancaster Ave.