Flyers sign F Fedotenko, D Gervais
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - July 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Flyers on Thursday signed a pair of free agents, forward Ruslan Fedotenko and defenseman Bruno Gervais.
Fedotenko, a veteran who will enter his 12th season in the NHL, won the Stanley Cup with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004 and the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2009. This is his second stint with Flyers, having played in Philadelphia from 2000-02. Last season, he helped the New York Rangers advance to the Eastern Conference finals.
"Ruslan is a good two-way forward that can play either wing," said Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren, who added that he's tried to land Fedotenko a couple times in the last few years. "(He) will bring experience and depth to our forward group."
Gervais had six goals and 13 points in 50 games for Tampa Bay last season, and spent his first six seasons with the New York Islanders.
"The main thing for me is, I want to win," Gervais said. "(Philadelphia is) such a great sports town. I love the town, and I love where the organization is headed. I just want to help any way I can."
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 45 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 53 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep