Flyers re-sign Scott Hartnell to multi-year extension
PHILADELPHIA - August 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Flyers have re-signed Scott Hartnell to a multi-year contract extension, the team announced Monday.
"We are pleased to announce that we have agreed with Scott on a multi-year extension," General Manager Paul Holmgren said in a statement. "Scott has been a very good player for us over the last five seasons and we look forward to many more good years to come."
According to the Flyers' website, the extension is for 6 years, through the 2018-19 season.
The 6-2, 210-lb left wing Flyers star says he is very happy to stay in Philadelphia.
"I am very happy to continue my career playing in front of the best fans in the NHL," Hartnell said.
30-year-old Hartnell appeared in all 82 regular season games this past season, where he posted 37 goals and 67 points, both of which were career-highs, while matching his career high in assists (30).
He recorded 16 goals on the power play, which ranked second in the National Hockey League, while his 37 goals ranked sixth in the NHL.
He was also named to his first All-Star Game this past January.
Hartnell also recorded a career-high in shots on goal (232) and finished the season with a plus-minus rating of plus-19 to go along with 136 penalty minutes. He also added eight points (3G-5A) in 11 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
Over parts of five seasons with the Flyers (2007-08 to 2011-12), Hartnell has appeared in 407 out of a possible 410 games played.
He has recorded 129 goals and 134 assists for 263 points.
Hartnell was acquired by the Flyers, along with defenseman Kimmo Timonen, in a trade with the Predators in exchange for a first round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft on June 18, 2007.
A native of Regina, Saskatchewan, Hartnell was originally selected in the first round (sixth overall) by Nashville in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 26 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 35 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 53 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos