Flyers re-sign Scott Hartnell to multi-year extension
PHILADELPHIA - August 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Flyers have re-signed Scott Hartnell to a multi-year contract extension, the team announced Monday.
"We are pleased to announce that we have agreed with Scott on a multi-year extension," General Manager Paul Holmgren said in a statement. "Scott has been a very good player for us over the last five seasons and we look forward to many more good years to come."
According to the Flyers' website, the extension is for 6 years, through the 2018-19 season.
The 6-2, 210-lb left wing Flyers star says he is very happy to stay in Philadelphia.
"I am very happy to continue my career playing in front of the best fans in the NHL," Hartnell said.
30-year-old Hartnell appeared in all 82 regular season games this past season, where he posted 37 goals and 67 points, both of which were career-highs, while matching his career high in assists (30).
He recorded 16 goals on the power play, which ranked second in the National Hockey League, while his 37 goals ranked sixth in the NHL.
He was also named to his first All-Star Game this past January.
Hartnell also recorded a career-high in shots on goal (232) and finished the season with a plus-minus rating of plus-19 to go along with 136 penalty minutes. He also added eight points (3G-5A) in 11 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
Over parts of five seasons with the Flyers (2007-08 to 2011-12), Hartnell has appeared in 407 out of a possible 410 games played.
He has recorded 129 goals and 134 assists for 263 points.
Hartnell was acquired by the Flyers, along with defenseman Kimmo Timonen, in a trade with the Predators in exchange for a first round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft on June 18, 2007.
A native of Regina, Saskatchewan, Hartnell was originally selected in the first round (sixth overall) by Nashville in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 59 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 56 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 49 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
59 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
56 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
49 min ago