Hurricanes trade Boucher, Alt to Flyers
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - January 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Carolina Hurricanes are making some moves the day after the official end of the NHL lockout.
The Hurricanes on Sunday traded goaltender Brian Boucher and defenseman Mark Alt to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for center Luke Pither.
The 36-year-old Boucher has spent most of his 14-year NHL career as a backup. He started eight games last season, losing all but one of them. Alt was drafted by the Hurricanes in 2010. The 21-year-old defenseman had five goals and 17 assists for the Minnesota Golden Gophers last season.
Carolina says Pither will be assigned to the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League. The 23-year-old center has 11 goals and 14 assists in 35 games in the ECHL this season.
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars 56 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport