Flyers' Brayden Schenn suspended one game
PHILADELPHIA - Janaury 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn has been suspended for one game.
Schenn is suspended for charging New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov during Tuesday's game, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.
The NHL says under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Schenn will forfeit $4,702.70.
The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
The incident occurred at 12:37 of the second period.
No penalty was assessed on the play.
Video explanation: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=195296&lang=en
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- More Snow on the Way 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder 34 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 40 min ago
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- More Snow on the Way
30 min ago
- Preparing for more snow on Tuesday
41 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
34 min ago
- Woman stabbed to death in Germantown
39 min ago