Flyers' Brayden Schenn suspended one game
PHILADELPHIA - Janaury 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn has been suspended for one game.
Schenn is suspended for charging New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov during Tuesday's game, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.
The NHL says under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Schenn will forfeit $4,702.70.
The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
The incident occurred at 12:37 of the second period.
No penalty was assessed on the play.
Video explanation: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=195296&lang=en
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 50 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos