Nash's 2 goals in 3rd lift Rangers over Flyers
NEW YORK (AP) - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rick Nash snapped a third-period tie and then added an insurance goal as the New York Rangers held on to beat the Philadelphia Flyers 4-2 on Tuesday night for their third win in a row.
Nash fired a shot that sneaked under the right arm of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov 2:50 into the third to give New York its second lead of the game. He doubled the advantage to 4-2 with 8:18 left, fighting off a hook on his hands by defenseman Kimmo Timonen and then making a shift from backhand to forehand to score his seventh goal - all in third periods.
Wayne Simmonds and Voracek both scored power-play goals in the first period for Philadelphia. Bryzgalov stopped 16 shots.
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run 51 min ago
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 44 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 13 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City 14 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
23 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and...
51 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
44 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
38 min ago