Flyers trade minor-leaguer to Blue Jackets
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Columbus Blue Jackets have acquired forward Matthew Ford from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for future considerations.
Ford will report to the Blue Jackets' American Hockey League in Springfield, Mass.
Originally selected by Chicago in the eighth round, 256th overall, of the 2004 NHL draft, Ford has 72 goals and 69 assists in 256 career AHL games with Hartford, Lake Erie, Hershey and Adirondack.
The 6-foot-1, 207-pound right winger, a California native who played college hockey at Wisconsin, has four goals and nine assists in 35 AHL games this season.
philadelphia flyers, hockey
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 52 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
52 min ago