Brassard has goal, assist; Rangers top Flyers 3-2
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Derick Brassard had a goal and an assist, and coach Alain Vigneault earned his first win with the Rangers as New York beat the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 Tuesday night in a preseason game.
Brassard made it 1-0 with a shot that beat Steve Mason high 1:10 into the second period. Max Talbot tied it at 13:26 with a snap shot from the left wing that got past goalie Cam Talbot's glove.
Cam Talbot made 10 saves on 12 shots in relief of starter Martin Biron, who stopped all six shots he faced.
Former Flyer Darroll Powe tipped a shot by Andrew Yogan past Mason to give New York a 2-1 lead at 19:26 of the second. However, Sean Couturier got the rebound of Jakub Voracek's shot and tied it 2-2 just 2:28 into the third.
Benoit Puliot put the Rangers ahead for good at 5:30 when he took a back-door pass from Brassard and scored past Mason, who finished with 20 saves on 23 shots.
philadelphia flyers, nhl, hockey
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 5 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 22 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 7 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 26 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
1 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
7 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
26 min ago