Flyers acquire Downie, trade Talbot to Avalanche
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Colorado Avalanche swapped veteran forwards with Philadelphia, sending Steve Downie to the Flyers in exchange for Maxime Talbot.
Talbot is expected to be in Dallas when the Avs face the Stars on Friday night. The move is somewhat of a surprise, with Colorado off to a 10-1 start and leading its division.
The 29-year-old Talbot had a goal and an assist for the Flyers this season. He's also played for Pittsburgh, helping the Penguins to the 2009 Stanley Cup title.
Colorado likes Talbot's leadership, with Joe Sakic, the executive vice president of hockey operations, saying, "we look forward to him bringing that experience to our club."
Downie had a goal and six assists for Colorado this season. He missed most of last year with a knee injury.
philadelphia flyers, nhl, hockey
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 44 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
44 min ago