Flyers acquire Downie, trade Talbot to Avalanche
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Colorado Avalanche swapped veteran forwards with Philadelphia, sending Steve Downie to the Flyers in exchange for Maxime Talbot.
Talbot is expected to be in Dallas when the Avs face the Stars on Friday night. The move is somewhat of a surprise, with Colorado off to a 10-1 start and leading its division.
The 29-year-old Talbot had a goal and an assist for the Flyers this season. He's also played for Pittsburgh, helping the Penguins to the 2009 Stanley Cup title.
Colorado likes Talbot's leadership, with Joe Sakic, the executive vice president of hockey operations, saying, "we look forward to him bringing that experience to our club."
Downie had a goal and six assists for Colorado this season. He missed most of last year with a knee injury.
philadelphia flyers, nhl, hockey
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 52 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 29 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 21 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 25 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 14 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
16 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
34 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
31 min ago