Read scores 2 goals, Flyers top Sabres 4-1
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - November 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Matt Read scored a pair of goals to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to their fifth win in six games, 4-1 over the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday night.
Vincent Lecavalier also scored and Scott Hartnell added an empty-net goal for the Flyers, who set a season-high with 46 shots.
Read's goals came 1:40 apart late in the second period. Steve Downie and Sean Couturier assisted on both tallies for Philadelphia (9-10-2), which outshot Buffalo 46-30.
Tyler Myers netted the lone goal for Buffalo, which is 1-3 under interim coach Ted Nolan and an NHL-worst 5-18-1 this season.
philadelphia flyers, nhl, hockey
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids