Schenn's OT goal gives Flyers 3-2 win over Devils
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - January 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Brayden Schenn scored at 1:50 of overtime and the Philadelphia Flyers beat the New Jersey Devils 3-2 on Tuesday night after giving up a late short-handed goal that forced the extra session.
Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell also scored for Philadelphia, which ended a six-game road trip with a 5-1 record. Ray Emery made 31 saves and won for the eighth time in nine games.
Michael Ryder tied it at 2 on a short-handed goal with 30 seconds left in regulation. It came on a great feed from defenseman Marek Zidlicky, with goalie Martin Brodeur on the bench for an extra skater.
Adam Henrique also scored for New Jersey, which is 0-2-1 in its last three games.
philadelphia flyers, nhl, hockey
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police