Lightning beat Flyers 6-3
PHILADELPHIA - January 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- Valtteri Filppula scored the go-ahead goal during a wild second period and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Flyers 6-3 Saturday to snap Philadelphia's 10-game home winning streak.
Ryan Malone had two goals, Alex Killorn, Teddy Purcell, and Martin St. Louis also scored goals for the Lightning, who moved into a tie with Boston for first place in the Atlantic Division.
Jakub Voracek had two goals and Wayne Simmonds also scored for the Flyers, who were 7-1 in their previous eight games. The Flyers hadn't lost at home since Nov. 5 against Carolina.
Goaltender Steve Mason had his worst game for Philadelphia, allowing five goals for the first time in 41 games with the team since being acquired last April. He was pulled for Ray Emery after the second period.
philadelphia flyers, nhl, hockey
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 43 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ