Lightning beat Flyers 6-3
PHILADELPHIA - January 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- Valtteri Filppula scored the go-ahead goal during a wild second period and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Flyers 6-3 Saturday to snap Philadelphia's 10-game home winning streak.
Ryan Malone had two goals, Alex Killorn, Teddy Purcell, and Martin St. Louis also scored goals for the Lightning, who moved into a tie with Boston for first place in the Atlantic Division.
Jakub Voracek had two goals and Wayne Simmonds also scored for the Flyers, who were 7-1 in their previous eight games. The Flyers hadn't lost at home since Nov. 5 against Carolina.
Goaltender Steve Mason had his worst game for Philadelphia, allowing five goals for the first time in 41 games with the team since being acquired last April. He was pulled for Ray Emery after the second period.
philadelphia flyers, nhl, hockey
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 58 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 9 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 20 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 30 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 17 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 16 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 33 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 7 min ago