Wild's Parise (foot contusion) out 2-3 weeks
Minnesota Wild winger Zach Parise will miss two to three weeks with a foot contusion, the team announced Tuesday.
Parise, who leads Minnesota with 22 points (11 goals, 11 assists), left Monday's 3-0 loss at St. Louis with a bruised left foot after blocking a shot by the Blues' Alexander Steen in the first period.
Parise gingerly made his way to the bench and played three shifts in the second period before departing. He was walking with a noticeable limp after the game.
"First off, when a guy like Zach gets hurt, it's always concerning because he's a top-notch player and brings an awful lot more than just scoring goals," coach Mike Yeo told the league's official website. "But I do think that we're a deep enough team and I think we have enough character that we should be able to battle through it."
The left wing had not missed a game since signing a $98 million, 13-year deal with Minnesota in July 2012.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 11 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 17 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 15 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos