Penguins' Martin sidelined with broken leg
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Paul Martin will miss 4-6 weeks after breaking his leg in an overtime loss to Boston on Monday.
The 32-year-old Martin has two goals and nine assists in 23 games and leads the Penguins in ice time, averaging more than 25 minutes. He was injured in the third period against the Bruins but remained in the game until Boston closed out a 3-2 overtime victory.
Martin's injury could affect his chances of making Team USA ahead of the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Martin made the team in 2010 but did not play because of a broken arm.
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 3 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
3 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos