Coyotes D Klesla clears waivers, off to AHL
Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Rostislav Klesla has cleared waivers and is expected to report to the team's AHL affiliate in Portland, Maine.
The Coyotes have been struggling defensively the past few weeks and shook up their defense on Tuesday by placing Klesla on waivers. Once one of Phoenix's top defensemen, Klesla had seen his playing time reduced as he labored inside the blue line.
Klesla missed the first three games of the season with a concussion suffered in preseason and had a goal and two assists in 15 games.
He appeared in 65 games in 2011-12, when the Coyotes reached the Western Conference finals for the first time, and played 38 games during the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season, scoring two goals with six assists.
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 59 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 34 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 51 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 44 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos