Coyotes D Klesla clears waivers, off to AHL
Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Rostislav Klesla has cleared waivers and is expected to report to the team's AHL affiliate in Portland, Maine.
The Coyotes have been struggling defensively the past few weeks and shook up their defense on Tuesday by placing Klesla on waivers. Once one of Phoenix's top defensemen, Klesla had seen his playing time reduced as he labored inside the blue line.
Klesla missed the first three games of the season with a concussion suffered in preseason and had a goal and two assists in 15 games.
He appeared in 65 games in 2011-12, when the Coyotes reached the Western Conference finals for the first time, and played 38 games during the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season, scoring two goals with six assists.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos